Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Kneeling Christian

About 10 years ago I picked up the greatest book by an unknown author called, The Kneeling Christian. It is very thought provoking so I wanted to share some things I've been thinking about from the book.

We all say we believe in prayer but how many of us believe in the power of prayer? Does my prayer life reflect my true belief about how I feel about prayer? Prayer is the key that opens the storehouse of God's treasures into our lives.

Do we spend even 10 minutes a day in prayer? 10 minutes a day when the Kingdom of God can be had for the asking. One of the greatest things Christians will regret when they stand before the throne is the vast amount of blessings they left unturned because they did not pray or ask.

Each time I read this book I realize my great need for deeper faith and belief in God. In regards to ministry, Satan does not care if people are out doing ministry if they are not praying. Also, any minister who is fruitful either prays earnestly over what he is doing- or his fruit is a direct result of someone praying on his behalf.

It is exciting that we can talk to God about things we see in our personal life, family, husband, home atmosphere, ministry, children, etc and we can know mighty, prevailing prayer.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I went to a training time at church this morning where we spoke about this in regards to intercession. Prayer is powerful, and you're right--it's part of how things work in the Kingdom. He's not going to ignore us--He has good gifts to give, and so many of them are just waiting for us to ask!

Paige said...

i nominated you for a blog award. check out the details on my blog.