Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Cold Hard Truth


The cold hard truth of the matter is we are being worthless today.

Shane and I both have horrible sinus infections, not the fline (Swine) flu as my boys call it. A trip to the doc this morning confirmed this. Last week my oldest son asked me, "If you get the fline flu how many days will you be a pig and when will you turn back into a human?" Great question.

We are both getting on antibiotics to feel better. I slept until 10:30am today. We are all still in our pj's. The boys are playing video games and watching TV. The baby has been running around free reign tearing stuff up. He pulled the acorns out of my arrangement on my kitchen table and has dropped the poor pumpkin onto the floor more times than I care to count.

I am so sad that Coach Mo got the boot last night on Biggest Looser. I really like Coach and Abby. Most of the other people are downright annoying. Not all, but most.

Do you want to know the good news? I don't plan to even brush my hair today or open the blinds. We are staying in and bumming out. It feels nice. Veeeeerrryyyy Nice.

So next time you see me don't be scared. It was just sinus troubles that knocked me out this last week and I'm on medicine now. Sometimes it feels really nice to have to take a sick day. You know what would be even nicer? If Papa John's just happened to deliver dinner to my door tonight. Shane, are you out there? Are you reading my subtle hint? Ahem.

3 comments:

Nic said...

Aww...I hope you feel better! It's never good when "momma's" sick. ps..I think I have that same quilt.

Paige said...

oh, a sick day - sounds GREAT. (o:

Gretchen said...

Oh! Hope you are feeling better. It's okay to take a break. ;)