Thursday, October 22, 2009

Straight Talk


I've been doing some major blog browsing this week. Here are some conclusions I have drawn. Everything looks prettier when spray painted white. When we first got married and I started setting up a house I purchased tradional looking stuff because I didn't know any better. 9 year later I have realized something about myself.

When I see a photo of a room I love there is not a piece of cherry furniture around. It is all white, white, white.

My goal over the course of this next year is to try to move towards the look I love. You know what else I love about my blog therapy sessions? I know full well that it would make no sense to go to Targe' and pay $80 for a pair of two lamps I love. I know that I can take $10, be patient, and find what I want at a sale of some sort-tag sale, thrift store, etc...

I've been looking at my stuff and it is OK, but it doesn't make me all happy and fuzzy feeling on the inside.

I have some really nice things that are about to get a slap of white spray paint. I know, it makes me feel a little nervous too, the thought of spray painting something I paid good money for. But why not? I'm just going to try it. What's the worst thing that will happen? I have a house full of tacky looking white spray painted stuff? You'll still come visit won't you?

7 comments:

melissa said...

Hey there - I am one of Amy S.'s coworkers, and I read your blog here and there (hello stalker!)...but anyways, I wanted to pass along a blog that I have been following. This girl LOVES white furniture and repaints a lot of wood furniture - might be inspiring to you and you can get some ideas! This is actually her website, but her blog is linked to it : www.Whiteberryreinvented.com

Good luck!

marietta said...

You can NEVER go wrong painting anything white OR black. I love the all white look. And you will just have to start hitting the thrift stores and yard-sales hard core. It will be fun to tell people how much you did NOT pay for stuff!

Paige said...

i'll still come over!!!! (o:

Gretchen said...

GO for it, girl!
I've considered painting a desk for months and you've spurred me on to do it.
Thanks!

Susan said...

Don't forget to primer.

Erica said...

I love painted furniture, white and green in particular. I have some pieces to paint that we paid to have refinished early in our marriage. I have hesitated because if I paint them, all that money's "wasted," but I'll enjoy them so much more. So I guess the money's already wasted, and I can just do it!

the Fosters said...

That sounds fun!!! I bet it will look great!
I also like black furniture! Mixing it up a little is fun!