Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Good Old Fashioned De-Clutterin'

Because a picture is worth a thousand words there are several in this post.  Around this time each year it hits me like a ton of bricks.  It is like the veil is lifted from my eyes and they really see the little odds and ends that have become a part of my decorating repertoire.  You can see a few odds and ends of clutter on the counters.  Nothing too major, cell phone chargers, cereal from breakfast, bananas that we forgot to eat again, some sippy cups and a telephone.
And here you can see the root of all evil.  The refrigerator magnet.  I really want to be able to enjoy artwork and pictures on my fridge.  The reality is when I look at it all I see is clutter and it drains me.  My cookbooks were also not bringing me joy to look at.  It was looking cluttered to me.  Don't even get me started about the top of the fridge.  Bags of marshmallows should never find there home on top of the fridge.  Shame on me.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I had to comment!!!! Girl, I refuse to take all of my Christmas Card photos off my refrigerator. (even though this is the first thing you see when you enter the back door) I just found the neatest clear plastic photo holders with magnets on the back at Dollar General. I spiffed up the frig with those! But, I will share Vanessa over at Southern In my Heart, blogged about the larger pieces of "paper" called artwork and she shared what one lady did with actual clip boards, (yes, clipboards) you will have to go and search her blog about the clip boards in the playroom. Girl, your clutter looks like clean clutter! NO where near BAD! We do the banana thing too. Have to throw them out, just a waste. Just trying to encourage you!!!