Monday, June 4, 2012

Flowerpatch Farmgirl

Flower Patch Farmgirl is the sweetest thing ever!  She posted pictures of this tea towel on her blog not too long ago and I had a fit for it.  I thought it was so cute and I loved the color.  I told her I loved it and if she wanted to sell it I'd buy it from her.

She mailed it to me!  Sweetest gift ever!


Ruby even colored the envelope, how cute is that?


It makes me happy!  You know what else is cool about this?  I had just read John 21 where Jesus fixed breakfast for Peter and some of the guys.  It struck me as the most beautiful picture that Jesus ministered to them by serving them breakfast.  They were tuckered out after an unfruitful night of fishing.  And there Jesus was on the shore, with the table set.  I was on the lookout for where the table was set for me.  Then this came in the mail.


Two people in our house were born in '76.



Happiness is...gifts from the hand of God.  Happiness is randomly opening up to Haggai because BSF is over for the year and I didn't know where else to turn so naturally I chose a Minor Prophet, and God was there.  In 2:19.  These last months I've been learning about seed.  The trouble with seed is you don't always see the fruit right away.  "Is the seed still in the barn?"  That's what 2:19 says.  Because even if you don't see the fruit of what you think God told you about, as long as the seed is still in the barn you're all good.  Maybe it's not planting season.  Maybe it's not harvesting season.  It doesn't matter.  If there is still seed in the barn, God will reap what He has sown.


Happiness is Farmgirl taking the time to put a towel in the mail to a blogger she hasn't even met in real life.  Happiness is knowing that Jesus knew how much I'd love this tea towel and knowing the same Holy Spirit lives inside us all, prompting the same way.  Several neat things like this happened that week.  God ministering to me when I was worn out and tired.


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more...It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. It turns problems into gifts, failures into successes, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events." Melody Beattie

1 comment:

Shannan Martin said...

Oh girl, I LOVE your heart! I love that you see Jesus in a tea towel. You are so my kind of lady. :)