Friday, January 4, 2013

Chicken & Dumplins

Thursday morning I woke up with a hankerin' for Chicken and Dumplins.

I can't explain it.

I've made them maybe twice in my wifely career.  But that hankerin' came on with a vengeance and I knew I must conquer or be conquered. 

You know the drill. 

Wake up with a hankerin'.

Outta my way kids, Mama's got business to tend to this morning.

Google. 

Chicken & Dumplins.

Filter through all the unworthy 3 stars until you find the mothership.  Then the weight of the world falls on this one little unsuspecting recipe. 

You throw the ingredients in the crock pot (oh yeah I said it) and wait and wait and wait.  Wonderful smells of goodness fill the house all day and it makes you happy happy happy.

Then the moment of truth.  Steaming bowls filled you take your spork spoon in for the big reveal.  Ladies and gentlemen, this recipe lived up to all it's review and 5 star glory.  It.  Was.  Divine.  Comfort food at it's best.  So, from me to you, I hope you enjoy.

Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplins
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 6)
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of celery
2 cans chicken broth
2 T butter
seasoned salt & pepper
2 10oz cans refrigerator biscuits

Spray crock pot with Pam.  (I'm assuming your Mama taught you this but just in case here is your friendly reminder).

Put in frozen chicken.  Cover with soups, broth, butter, salt and pepper.  Liquid should cover all the chicken so add water if needed.  Cook on low 8 hours.  About an hour before you are ready to eat shred the chicken.  (I took the lid off and just used two forks to shred the chicken right in the crock pot).

Pinch of the biscuits and add them to the crockpot.  Cook until dumplins are not doughy, an hour or so.

No comments: