Friday, December 6, 2013

The Best Kind Of Friday

This is the best kind of Friday. Lazy, lamplit, candle filled, coffee drinking, kids outside playing in the ice kind of good.  Here's a pic of my apple dumplings we ate last night.  I just can't tell you how good these things are.  They are buttery and wonderful and make the entire house smell like heaven.  We had mixed reviews over The Sound Of Music at our house, but of course I enjoyed the heck out of it.  It's the 1000 Gifts mixed with Pollyanna tendencies that live deep within me.  I just can't help it.


So, here are some pictures from the boys raking leaves the day before the ice hit.



And...here is today.  Now that I am lazier wiser in my old age, I am realizing there is no harm in sending them out to play while I sit in the warm comfort of the inside.  It took me how long to figure this out?  Would you just look at those rosy red cheeks?!

 
Right now we have more ice than snow.  They don't care.  You can throw an ice ball just as good as a snow ball, apparently.  They are happier than larks out there playing as freezing rain falls from the sky.  And mommy and daddy are happier than larks sitting inside enjoying old people kind of things like electricity.  We lazed around this morning under the covers until noon.  Now that's what I'm talkin' about.
 


The heater is on in the bathroom and extra hot water is heating on the stove to add to the Jacuzzi for the de-frostbite-if-i-cation process when they decide to come in.  And on the back burner, a tea kettle filled with the warm water for hot cocoa.


And on the agenda for tonight? A Mexican food fiesta.  My mom's recipe for Chicken Enchiladas, nacho night for the boys who hate on enchiladas, and homemade salsa.  Dear Lord, please let the lights stay on!!!

Now if I can just stop yodeling.  We're going on a week strong of high on a hill was a lonely goat herd...this is the reason I can't buy the soundtrack.  If I had it in my possession the yodeling would never end.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I'm SOOOO jealous! It's literally 80 degrees here in NC today. Bleh!!! Tomorrow the temps are supposed to drop...can't wait! I wish I were heating water on the stove. Instead, I was running the AC in my car. CRAZY!
I'll live vicariously through you. Wish I could be there for Mexican fiesta... sounds divine!